Please just don’t do this.
We are compared to animals enough. We are dehumanized enough. It is enough.
Your dogs and cats are adorable, and I have nothing against them. They have no say in what you name them.
I sometimes want to plead with you to refrain from this out of courtesy to your pets. “They’re so innocent! Don’t burden them with a name like that just because you’re ignorant about what it means!”
But then I get angry, because the fact that that is the argument my mind falls to indicates that, on a very real level, I expect you to have more sympathy for your pets than you do for other human beings.
So please, just don’t call your pets “gypsy”. Not because it would be unfair to your pet, but because it is unfair to many, many people, who have faced intense persecution because we are “gypsies”. Actual, born, human Gypsies.
Do not name your pets “gypsy”.
- gomezolympia reblogged this from stfugadje
- kaalinfantry reblogged this from ltstarbuck
- ltstarbuck reblogged this from stfugadje
- gamingtimeladyfromgallifrey reblogged this from nerdymouse
- sparklespook reblogged this from dreadreaming
- sparklespook likes this
- dreadreaming reblogged this from nerdymouse
- neuromanticism likes this
- foodforw0rms reblogged this from nerdymouse
- peacelovemusichappyness likes this
- nerdymouse reblogged this from sexgenderbody
- saviar likes this
- trashera likes this
- sexgenderbody reblogged this from stfugadje
- nuditea likes this
- breathekeepbreathing likes this
- magusworkshop reblogged this from stfugadje and added:
- magusworkshop likes this
- wildmire reblogged this from stfugadje
- terrasigillata likes this
- stfugadje posted this